~~~


Sunday, July 15, 2012

Personal Favorites


I had a dream last night that I died and traveled to meet my maker. When I got to the gates Peter was standing there with a little funny smile , shaking his head. well needless to say I didn't feel overly confident about my chances of bouncing from cloud to cloud anytime soon.

Hey Pete , What's up? I said , figuring what the hell , I'll be there soon enought. in one hand he had a lone sheet of paper with his other arm leaning on what looked like the , " The Books of History Chronicles." Ya know Mick , looking at the lone sheet , you done some good and interesting things in your life. looking to his left he said. , " and then there's this!"  I'm thinking , there isn't anything interesting in that big pile?

smiling , he put his arm on my shoulders , walking me away from the gates and tells me, " I like you kid , you were good for a few laughs but I just can't let you in right now . you're going to have to spend a little time in the sweat box."

 the good news is that I would be allowed to take one CD with me to listen to while I burn off the fat of sin. so off I go with my copy of ...



Note : With the exception of the song " Dimples "  , all the songs were produced by Van Morrison and Mike Kappus.


other personal favorites are:

Albert King     ~~ Born under a bad sign ~~  when you listen to Clapton , Hendrix , the Allman brothers, Stevie Ray Vaughn and countless other pretenders you are really listening to Albert King.

BB King            ~~ Live in Cook County Jail ~~ No I wasn't there .

Billie Holiday   ~~ Love Songs ~~

Van Morrison  ~~ The Healing Game ~~


So I'm now sweating and dancing away the sins of my fat , waiting on my star in the heaven's. 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a really good one Mickey, I think you're a good writer! I read them but don't alwyas have time to comment. I also like the Cream version of Born Under a Bad Sign. Rock ON! Sister Janice in SoCal

Mickey said...

Hi Janice, Thanks for the kind words.I understand about time , there is never enough.

I don't know about being a good writer , I just say what comes to mind and try to be honest.

Thanks again.

Where we come from is as important as where we are heading

1915

1915

1933

1933

1953

1953

1958

1958

1960

1960

1977

1977