~~~


Friday, June 9, 2017

What is Art?


No great artist sees things as they really are.If he did he cease to be an artist.

Oscar Wilde











I was reading a few articles today , some on , what is art ? and more on , what makes art good or bad? from the thousands of sites available on these two subjects I gather these are topics that interest a lot of people. be it for gaining an educational standpoint , wondering about one's own work or any other number of reasons , there are plenty of opinions available for everyone.

I love sculpture ,Impressionism , Sebastiao Salgado , Charles Dickens ,  The Godfather and Van Morrison just to name a few. but if you were to ask me  ," if or why they are good " , my answer is that you are asking the wrong person, the best I could do is say , " because I like it "

I'll play with my own work and it may be silly , corny and maybe one or two will see something within it that inspires them to try something different of their own. that to me , is the real questions and answers for my own efforts , regardless of how good or bad it is , am I having fun , do I enjoy what I'm working on and does it drive me emotionally one direction or another.

you may not see my work hanging on the walls of the Louvre , Vatican or the MMOA but I'm blissfully happy doing what I'm doing and isn't that what really counts?  



No comments:

Where we come from is as important as where we are heading

1915

1915

1933

1933

1953

1953

1958

1958

1960

1960

1977

1977