~~~


Monday, September 1, 2014

Photography as a career



Having worked for railroads the last 35+ years I have had a job that I was good at and made very good money. No one will ever mistake me for Bill Gates but I want for nothing and have enough to move on from this career and chase down my dreams. 

To be a good photographer.

While there are a lot of photographers that have made great money ,a lot more then I have over the years , I realize that there is a hell of a lot more that don't make much at all. I could of never been a professional photographer , its a lot of handwork and money was never a motivating factor for me when it comes to photography . I would of starved. 

Now that I'm at the end of my career and can dedicate my full attention to my love of photography , looking back , the gamble and choices were worth it. 

below is a link to what photographers averagely make a year . Yikes !!!


http://work.chron.com/much-money-professional-wedding-photographer-make-3280.html


No comments:

Where we come from is as important as where we are heading

1915

1915

1933

1933

1953

1953

1958

1958

1960

1960

1977

1977