~~~


Saturday, July 25, 2015

UVMF 2015


Today is the Upper Valley Music Festival at Turners Falls , Ma. A benefit to fight cancer.It runs until midnight tonight with performers from across the USA and Overseas.  I was only able to stay a few hours but came away impressed with the talent I had the honor of photographing.

I never volunteered before to shoot performers but boy , did I come away learning a lot today. From moving around without interfering , Working with the range of dim light to blasting fireworks in your face , the noise of the shutter , to get the names of ALL the performers ,  and  just trying not to piss everyone off. It is not easy and have a whole new respect for the people that do this for a living.

the photos below were all shot at 2000 ISO of a different set of stars.the photos are in the order taken. looking forward to doing this again. and hell  , maybe next year they'll let me up on the stage .



 Katie Sachs













Chris Scanlon











Carrie Ferguson











One of my mistakes , I didn't get the name of this performer.










No comments:

Where we come from is as important as where we are heading

1915

1915

1933

1933

1953

1953

1958

1958

1960

1960

1977

1977