~~~


Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Longing for the Spring

with the temperarutes at -20 last night I was easy to find right here at home. Sorting files I came across one that reminds me of better weather. driving the back roads one day I came across this run down farm and was stuck by the beauty of it. The owner came out seeing me parked along the road and wanted to know what I was doing. I could see he was in no mood to tolerate any BS from outsiders.

we got to talking and he had told me of these photographers that just walked out on to his farm taking pictures , so he decided to go out and confront them . they told him they was just hobbyist and that they didnt mean him any harm . later , from a friend , he heard that the photos of his farm were for sale in a few places in New York City . I could see he was hurt by the incident and was very distrustful of people stopping by.

After talking for about 45 minutes , me being the moron that I am at times , I asked if it was alright to take a few photos. it was touch and go for a few minutes but finally he give me permission as long as I promised that I wouldn't tell anyone where the farm was.  It's a promise I kept and plan to keep till my dying day. I gave him my e-mail address and wrote down my website at the time so he could see the photos , told him that he could have what ever he wanted. I never heard from him and maybe the next time I'm in the area I will give him a few framed photos for his home.

I'm only going to place this one photo because I'm afraid that from the others someone may find the location.my advice is for anyone coming along this farm , or anyone's home for that matter , is that they ask first before running out loaded with gear. the life you save maybe your own.



No comments:

Where we come from is as important as where we are heading

1915

1915

1933

1933

1953

1953

1958

1958

1960

1960

1977

1977